Personal Information Protection Policy
Toyota Tsusho Systems Corporation (the “Company”) will, as a company “living and prospering together with people, society and the globe, and making a difference to society through its ICT* business activities,” handle personal information acquired through its business activities as confidential information. Being aware of its social responsibility to protect personal information, the Company has established this Personal Information Protection Policy in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan (the “Personal Information Protection Act”), and will deploy its business activities under the same.
(*ICT is an abbreviation of Information and Communication Technology.)
Date of Establishment: April 1, 2005
Date of Amendment: June 20, 2020
Toyota Tsusho Systems Corporation
CEO Mitsuhiro TSUBAKIMOTO
- 1.Compliance with Laws and RegulationsThe Company will comply with the Personal Information Protection Act, and other guidelines and standards pertaining thereto stipulated by the Japanese government.
- 2.Maintenance of Internal SystemThe Company will, in order to properly protect personal information, appoint a “Person Responsible for Handling of Personal Information,” establish a procedure for implementing the protection of personal information, and provide internal training to its officers, employees and other relevant persons concerning the handling of personal information.
The Company will pay attention to changes in the social environment concerning the protection of personal information, and continuously review and improve the procedure for implementing the protection of personal information by performing periodical internal audits.
- 3.Purposes of Use, Acquisition, Retention and Use of Personal Information(1) The Company will establish purposes of use of personal information to be acquired by the Company, make them public or notify the person concerned of such purposes of use, and acquire the personal information in a lawful and appropriate manner.
The Company will retain and use the personal information acquired by the Company within the scope of the purposes of use in order to achieve proper and smooth execution of its businesses.
However, among the personal information acquired by the Company, the Company will use Individual Numbers assigned by the Japanese government and specific personal information, within the scope of the purposes of use, in order to execute the affairs prescribed by the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures.
Also note that customers can disable cookies through their browser settings.
This website uses Google Analytics in order to assess usage conditions of the website.
Google Analytics uses the cookies we issue to analyze the usage conditions of this website.
- 4.Security Control Measures for Personal InformationThe Company will take reasonable security control measures and corrective actions to prevent use of personal information for purposes other than the purposes of use, unauthorized access to the personal information, and leakage, loss, damage and alternation, etc. of the personal information.
- 5.Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information to a SubcontractorThe Company may entrust part of its business to an external corporation or person (a “Subcontractor”) for operation of its business, and disclose and provide personal information to a Subcontractor to the extent necessary for its business.
However, in cases where the Company intends to disclose and provide any personal information to a Subcontractor, the Company will disclose and provide the same to such Subcontractor after confirming that the Subcontractor has satisfied sufficient standards for protection of the personal information, and entering into a contract with the Subcontractor which is necessary for protection of the personal information. Additionally, the Company will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the Subcontractor to protect the personal information.
The Company will not disclose or provide any personal information to a Subcontractor beyond the scope described in “3. Purposes of Use, Acquisition, Retention and Use of Personal Information.”
- 6.Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information to a Third PartyThe Company will not disclose or provide personal information to a third party except for cases falling under any of the following items:
（1）Cases in which the consent of the person concerned is obtained (with respect to specific personal information, limited to cases in which the disclosure or provision thereof is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual);
（2）Cases in which the disclosure or provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned;
（3）Cases in which personal information is provided to a Subcontractor within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use; or
（4）Cases in which it is otherwise permitted to disclose or provide personal information to a third party in accordance with laws and regulations.
- 7.Disclosure, Correction, etc. of Personal InformationIf the Company receives a request from a person made under the Personal Information Protection Act for disclosure of “retained personal data” concerning himself/herself, the Company will, after confirming that the request is made from the person himself/herself, disclose such data without delay in accordance with laws and regulations; provided, however, that, in cases falling under any of the following items, the Company may not disclose the “retained personal data:”
（1）Cases in which the disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person or a third party;
（2）Cases in which the disclosure is likely to seriously impede the proper execution of the business of the Company; or
（3）Cases in which the disclosure violates applicable laws and regulations.
Additionally, if the Company receives a request from a person made under the Personal Information Protection Act for correction, deletion, discontinuance of use, etc. of “retained personal data” concerning himself/herself, the Company will, after confirming that the request is made from the person himself/herself, conduct a necessary investigation without delay in accordance with laws and regulations within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use, and on the basis of the results, the Company will correct, delete, discontinue the use of, or take other appropriate measures for the “retained personal data.”
- 8.Establishment of a Permanent Point of ContactThe Company will establish a permanent “Point of Contact for Handling Personal Information” mentioned below, and thereby will respond without delay to a request from a person for disclosure of “retained personal data” concerning the person himself/herself, notification of the purposes of use, correction/addition/deletion of the contents of the “retained personal data,” discontinuance of use and deletion of the “retained personal data,” and the discontinuance of provision of the “retained personal data” to a third party (collectively, a “Request for Disclosures, etc.”), as well as complaints and inquiries concerning the handling of the personal information.
Purposes of Use of Personal Information Handled by the Company
The Company will, in conducting the businesses mentioned in the following “1. Businesses of the Company Which Handle Personal Information,” use personal information acquired or retained by the Company for the purposes mentioned in “2. Purposes of Use” below:
1.Businesses of the Company Which Handle Personal Information
- （1）Provision of information and communication service;
- （2）Design, construction and supervision of information and communication systems;
- （3）Contracting of operational management of information and communication systems;
- （4）Consulting, educating and training concerning information and communication systems;
- （5）Development, sales and brokerage of software;
- （6）Development and sales of information and communication equipment and systems;
- （7）Processing of information through information and communication equipment and systems;
- （8）Leasing of information and communication equipment and systems;
- （9）Sales of used information and communication equipment;
- （10）Travel business pursuant to the Travel Agency Act of Japan;
- （11）Mail-order business;
- （12）Consignment sales business with respect to tickets for music, theater, cinema, sports or other various events and advertisement agency business related thereto;
- （13）Sales of components and measuring instruments for various machinery and appliances, electric/electronic machinery and appliances, medical machinery and appliances, as well as vehicles, ships, aircrafts, aerospace equipment, and other transportation equipment;
- （14）Creation, acquisition, transfer and use of various intangible assets, such as inventions, devices, designs and knowhow, and brokerage business thereof;
- （15）Worker dispatch business;
- （16）Research, planning, development and consulting businesses that are related to the businesses mentioned in any of the preceding items;
- （17）Employment screening business for employees of the Company (including temporary and part-time employees); and
- （18）Any other businesses that are incidental or related to the businesses mentioned in any of the preceding items.
2.Purposes of Use:
- （1）To conduct various business correspondence;
- （2）To fulfill agreements, such as provision of goods and services;
- （3）To give notice concerning goods and services handled by the Company and its group companies, and provide such goods and services;
- （4）To give notice concerning various seminars, exhibitions and other events held by the Company and its group companies;
- （5）To conduct various surveys, such as questionnaires;
- （6）To respond to inquiries and requests from customers; and
- （7）To conduct any other businesses that are incidental to the businesses mentioned in any of the preceding items, and, if other purposes of use are individually indicated, to achieve such individual purposes of use.
Point of Contact Concerning Handling of Personal Information
GROUP MANAGER General Affairs Group, Corporate Strategy Department, Corporate Division
Toyota Tsusho Systems Corporation
Address: Symphony Toyota Building, 4-11-27, Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya, 450-0002, Japan
TEL: 052-898-7100 FAX: 052-589-4021
Response by the Company to a Request for Disclosures, etc.
The Company will respond to a Request for Disclosures, etc. made through written procedures prescribed by the Company. Please note that the Company may be unable to respond to a Request for Disclosures, etc. made through procedures other than those prescribed by the Company. The Company may be unable to respond to all or part of a Request for Disclosures, etc. in accordance with laws and regulations.
（1）Method of a Request for Disclosures, etc.
Please contact the “Point of Contact Concerning Handling of Personal Information” mentioned above by telephone or e-mail regarding the method of a Request for Disclosures, etc. The Company will send you the prescribed documents by mail.
（2）Identity verification, etc.
If the Company receives a Request for Disclosures, etc. from a person, the Company will verify his/her identity by confirming verification documents such as:
- Residence certificate or alien registration certificate;
- Transcript or extract of family register;
- Copy of driver’s license;
- Copy of passport; and/or
- Other applicable documents.
If the Company receives a Request for Disclosures, etc. through a representative of a person, the Company will ask the representative to submit a written document evidencing his/her right of representation (such as a power of attorney), and will also verify the identity of such representative himself/herself.
（3）Method of response
The Company will, in principle, send a response by mail to a Request for Disclosures, etc. to the address mentioned in the identity verification documents of the person concerned.
If the Company responds to a Request for Disclosures, etc. in writing, the Company may charge the prescribed fees by asking for the payment thereof by bank transfer, etc.
In cases in which the Company responds to a Request for Disclosures, etc. by mail, the Company will also ask for payment of the registered mail cost, in addition to the above prescribed fees.
（5）Where a Request for Disclosures, etc. will be accepted
A Request for Disclosures, etc. will be accepted at the “Point of Contact Concerning Handling of Personal Information” mentioned above.
If you have any questions concerning a Request for Disclosures, etc., please contact the “Point of Contact Concerning Handling of Personal Information” mentioned above.