Personal Information Protection Policy
Toyota Tsusho Systems Corporation (the “Company”) will, as a company “living and prospering together with people, society and the globe, and making a difference to society through its ICT* business activities,” handle personal information acquired through its business activities as confidential information. Being aware of its social responsibility to protect personal information, the Company has established this Personal Information Protection Policy in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan (the “Personal Information Protection Act”), and will deploy its business activities under the same.
(*ICT is an abbreviation of Information and Communication Technology.)
Toyota Tsusho Systems Corporation
Date of Establishment: April 1, 2005
Date of Amendment: April 1, 2023
- 1.Compliance with Laws and RegulationsThe Company will comply with the Personal Information Protection Act, and other guidelines and standards pertaining thereto stipulated by the Japanese government.
- 2.Maintenance of Internal SystemThe Company will, in order to properly protect personal information(this refers to personal information stipulated in the Personal Information Protection Act), appoint a “Person Responsible for Handling of Personal Information,” establish a procedure for implementing the protection of personal information, and provide internal training to its officers, employees and other relevant persons concerning the handling of personal information.
The Company will pay attention to changes in the social environment concerning the protection of personal information, and continuously review and improve the procedure for implementing the protection of personal information by performing periodical internal audits.
- 3.Purposes of Use, Acquisition, Retention and Use of Personal Information(1) The Company will establish purposes of use of personal information to be acquired by the Company, make them public or notify the person concerned of such purposes of use, and acquire the personal information in a lawful and appropriate manner.
The Company will retain and use the personal information acquired by the Company within the scope of the purposes of use in order to achieve proper and smooth execution of its businesses.
However, among the personal information acquired by the Company, the Company will use Individual Numbers assigned by the Japanese government and specific personal information, within the scope of the purposes of use, in order to execute the affairs prescribed by the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures.
Also note that customers can disable cookies through their browser settings.
This website uses Google Analytics in order to assess usage conditions of the website. Google Analytics uses the cookies we issue to analyze the usage conditions of this website.
- 4.Security Control Measures for Personal Information
(1) Measures to secure personal information within the Company
In addition to formulating and developing basic policies and internal rules regarding the handling of personal information, our company has taken necessary and appropriate measures to secure personal information, such as appointing a personal information handling officer, conducting regular employee training, implementing measures to prevent loss or theft of devices handling personal information, and implementing access control.
(2) Supervision of employees
When having employees of our company handle personal information, our company exercises necessary and appropriate supervision, such as requiring the employees to maintain confidentiality and conducting regular checks on the handling status in order to ensure that the personal information is managed securely.
(3) Understanding the external environment
In handling personal information abroad, our company shall periodically check the status of the overseas by collecting and grasping information related to the personal information protection system and taking security control measures.
- 5.Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information to a SubcontractorThe Company may entrust part of its business to an external corporation or person (a “Subcontractor”) for operation of its business, and disclose and provide personal information to a Subcontractor to the extent necessary for its business.
However, in cases where the Company intends to disclose and provide any personal information to a Subcontractor, the Company will disclose and provide the same to such Subcontractor after confirming that the Subcontractor has satisfied sufficient standards for protection of the personal information, and entering into a contract with the Subcontractor which is necessary for protection of the personal information. Additionally, the Company will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the Subcontractor to protect the personal information.
The Company will not disclose or provide any personal information to a Subcontractor beyond the scope described in “3. Purposes of Use, Acquisition, Retention and Use of Personal Information.”
- 6.Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information to a Third PartyThe Company will not disclose or provide personal data(information constitutes personal information, personal information database means a collection of information, including personal information, that is systematically organized so that specific personal information can be retrieved, as stipulated by the Personal Information Protection Act and Cabinet Orders.) to a third party except for cases falling under any of the following items:
（1）Cases in which the consent of the person concerned is obtained (with respect to specific personal information, limited to cases in which the disclosure or provision thereof is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual);
（2）Cases in which the disclosure or provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned;
（3）Cases in which personal information is provided to a Subcontractor within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use; or
（4）Cases in which it is otherwise permitted to disclose or provide personal information to a third party in accordance with laws and regulations.
- 7.Disclosure, Correction, etc. of Personal InformationIf the Company receives a request from a person made under the Personal Information Protection Act for disclosure of “retained personal data(excludes personal data that we have the authority to disclose or correct, and that is specified by Cabinet Order as harming the public interest and other interests if its existence is known to public.)” concerning himself/herself, the Company will, after confirming that the request is made from the person himself/herself, disclose such data without delay in accordance with laws and regulations; provided, however, that, in cases falling under any of the following items, the Company may not disclose the “retained personal data:”
（1）Cases in which the disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person or a third party;
（2）Cases in which the disclosure is likely to seriously impede the proper execution of the business of the Company; or
（3）Cases in which the disclosure violates applicable laws and regulations.
Additionally, if the Company receives a request from a person made under the Personal Information Protection Act for correction, deletion, discontinuance of use, etc. of “retained personal data” concerning himself/herself, the Company will, after confirming that the request is made from the person himself/herself, conduct a necessary investigation without delay in accordance with laws and regulations within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use, and on the basis of the results, the Company will correct, delete, discontinue the use of, or take other appropriate measures for the “retained personal data.”
- 8.Establishment of a Permanent Point of ContactThe Company will establish a permanent “Point of Contact for Handling Personal Information” mentioned below, and thereby will respond without delay to a request from a person for disclosure of “retained personal data” concerning the person himself/herself, notification of the purposes of use, correction/addition/deletion of the contents of the “retained personal data,” discontinuance of use and deletion of the “retained personal data,” and the discontinuance of provision of the “retained personal data” to a third party, as well as complaints and inquiries concerning the handling of the personal information.
Personal Information Obtained by our company
Examples of personal information obtained by our company include:
- （2）Company Name, Title
- （3）Zip, Address, Phone, Fax
- （5）Other Information Necessary for Providing Various Services
Purposes of Use of Personal Information Handled by the Company
The Company will, in conducting the businesses mentioned in the following “1. Businesses of the Company Which Handle Personal Information,” use personal information acquired or retained by the Company for the purposes mentioned in “2. Purposes of Use” below:
1.Businesses of the Company Which Handle Personal Information
- （1）Provision of information and communication service;
- （2）Design, construction and supervision of information and communication systems;
- （3）Contracting of operational management of information and communication systems;
- （4）Consulting, educating and training concerning information and communication systems;
- （5）Development, sales and brokerage of software;
- （6）Development and sales of information and communication equipment and systems;
- （7）Processing of information through information and communication equipment and systems;
- （8）Leasing of information and communication equipment and systems;
- （9）Sales of used information and communication equipment;
- （10）Travel business pursuant to the Travel Agency Act of Japan;
- （11）Mail-order business;
- （12）Consignment sales business with respect to tickets for music, theater, cinema, sports or other various events and advertisement agency business related thereto;
- （13）Sales of components and measuring instruments for various machinery and appliances, electric/electronic machinery and appliances, medical machinery and appliances, as well as vehicles, ships, aircrafts, aerospace equipment, and other transportation equipment;
- （14）Creation, acquisition, transfer and use of various intangible assets, such as inventions, devices, designs and knowhow, and brokerage business thereof;
- （15）Worker dispatch business;
- （16）Research, planning, development and consulting businesses that are related to the businesses mentioned in any of the preceding items;
- （17）Employment screening business for employees of the Company (including temporary and part-time employees); and
- （18）Any other businesses that are incidental or related to the businesses mentioned in any of the preceding items.
2.Purposes of Use:
- （1）To conduct various business correspondence;
- （2）To fulfill agreements, such as provision of goods and services;
- （3）To give notice concerning goods and services handled by the Company and its group companies, and provide such goods and services;
- （4）To give notice concerning various seminars, exhibitions and other events held by the Company and its group companies;
- （5）To conduct various surveys, such as questionnaires;
- （6）To respond to inquiries and requests from customers; and
- （7）To conduct any other businesses that are incidental to the businesses mentioned in any of the preceding items, and, if other purposes of use are individually indicated, to achieve such individual purposes of use.
Creation of pseudonymised and anonymously processed information, etc.
Our company may create pseudonymised and anonymously processed information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and other relevant laws and regulations.
If our company creates pseudonymised information and changes the purpose of use, we will announce it publicly on our website or by other means. In addition, if we use the pseudonymised information jointly, our company will announce it publicly on our website or by other means.
If our company creates or provides anonymized information, we will announce it publicly on our website or by other means.
Our company will co-use your personal data as follows:
1.Items of personal data for co-use
Your company name, affiliation, name, job title, address, telephone number, e-mail address, company HP address, fax number, etc.
2.Scope of joint users
Subsidiaries and affiliates of Toyota Tsusho Corporation and Toyota Tsusho Corporation *
*Refers to subsidiaries as defined in Article 8, Paragraph 3 of the Regulation on Terminology, Forms and Preparation Methods of Financial Statements and affiliates as defined in Article 8, Paragraph 5 of the Regulation.
Please refer to the following links for the scope of applicable subsidiaries and affiliates. Major consolidated subsidiaries and affiliates
3.Purpose of use by joint users
Purpose of use description of personal information handled by our company above
4.Persons responsible for the management of personal data for jointly use
(Responsible Manager) our company
(Address) Symphony Toyota Building, 4- 11 27 Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya-shi
(President) Hirotoshi Watanabe
Address: Symphony Toyota Building, 4-11-27, Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya, 450-0002, Japan
GROUP MANAGER General Affairs & Legal Group, Corporate Management Department, Corporate Division
Toyota Tsusho Systems Corporation
TEL: 052-898-7100 FAX: 052-589-4021
Procedures for Requesting Disclosure, Notice of the Purpose of Use, Correction, Suspension of Use, Suspension of Provision to Third Parties, etc.
We accept requests for disclosure , correction of notices of intended use, suspension of use, suspension of third party provision, etc. shall be made in writing as prescribed by our company. Please note that we may not be able to respond to requests other than through the prescribed procedures. In accordance with laws and regulations, we may not be able to respond to requests in whole or in part.
1. Requests for disclosure or notification of the purpose of use
(1) How to request
For information on how to request disclosure and notification of the purpose of use, please contact the above "Inquiry Desk" by phone or e-mail. Prescribed documents will be sent by mail.
(2) Identification, etc.
In the case of a request from the person himself/herself, the following documents will be used to verify his/her identity.
"Resident card or alien registration card," "family register extract," "driver's license copy," "passport copy," etc.
If the request is made by an agent, the agent is required to submit a document (such as a power of attorney) confirming the authority of the agent, and the agent's identity is also verified.
If you respond to a request in writing, you may be charged a prescribed fee by transfer.
If you send it by mail, you will also be charged for general registered mail.
(4) How to answer
Disclosure will be made in accordance with the method designated by the customer (includes an agent. Same as below.) among the following methods: However, if disclosure in accordance with the method designated by the customer is costly or otherwise difficult, disclosure will be made in accordance with the method described in a. after notification. In addition, if the method of disclosure is not designated by the customer and there is no objection, disclosure will be made in accordance with the method described in b.
a. by way of delivery in writing
b. by way of transmission of an electromagnetic record as an attachment to an e-mail
In addition, for notification of purpose of use, we will send a written reply to your address (the address stated in the prescribed document) by registered mail with proof of delivery.
If we decide not to disclose all or part of retained personal data or third party provided records, if we decide not to notify the purpose of use, or if there is no applicable information, we will notify you.
(5) If we are unable to disclose or notify the intended use
Please note that we may not be able to respond to requests for disclosure or notification of the intended use in the following cases.
a. In the event that there are deficiencies in the descriptions and attached documents
b. In the event that the authority of representation can not be confirmed (if requested by an agent)
c. In accordance with laws and regulations
d. In case of failure to pay fees
(6) In case our company does not possess personal information requested
We reply that we do not possess it.
(7) Inquiry Desk
We accept inquiries at the "Inquiry Desk" above.
If you have any questions regarding requests for disclosure, etc., please contact the "Request/Inquiry Desk" above.
2. Requests for correction, suspension, etc.
In accordance with laws and regulations, we will confirm that the request is made by the customer himself (includes an agent.) and then accept the request at the "Inquiry Desk" above.
2.(Requests for correction, suspension, etc.) is also applicable to the above 1. (When requesting disclosure or notice of purpose of use), the following matters shall apply accordingly.
(1) How to request
(2) Identification, etc.
(3) When Disclosure or Notification of Purpose of Use Is Not Possible
(4) If our company does not have the personal information you requested
(End of Text)